Boulgour de blé
Bulgar (Ble) can be used as a healthier alternative to traditional meals with rice. Bulgar wheat is a much better source of vitamins, minerals, fiber, antioxidants, and phytonutrients.
It's also low in fat, high in minerals like manganese, magnesium, and iron, plus it's a good source of plant-based protein!
- 1/2 cup of red beans
- 1 cup of Bulgar Wheat
- 1/4 of onion
- 1/4 of tomato
- one leek crushed with a mortar and pestle
- salt,black pepper, thyme and parsley
- 1 tbsp of oil
- I’ve taken the liberty of adding a hint of honey ( I just can’t get enough of it)
- Fill a pot with water. Let it reach its boiling point. Pour the beans into the hot water. Boil for about 1 hour(YES! ONE HOUR!) or until cooked ( bite into one bean to make sure it’s soft enough). Do not throw the water away after boiling!
- Cut your 1/4 of onion and 1/4 of tomato into dices. Add leek. Pour oil into another pot. Fry your onions and tomatoes. Add your spices(and honey?) and stir for about 1 mn.
- Measure your boiling water (the one you used to cook the beans). If it doesn’t reach 2 cups, Add extra water (or coconut milk) to it. You need 2 cups of water total (including the brown boiling water)!
- Add your Bulgar wheat. Cover your pot with the lid. Let it cook under medium fire until the water runs low and the meal is cooked.