Madame Gougousse Acassan Corn FlourMadame Gougousse Acassan Corn Flour.
Assassin is actually considered a beverage in Haiti. Most people would drink it in a cup as they eat bread. Acassan is a creamy and hot beverage considered very fine and elegant in Haiti.
Net WT. 48 OZ (3LBS)
How to Prepare it?
It takes about 15 minutes
- 4 cups of water
- 1 cup of water
- 1 cup of Acassan (Yellow Corn Flour)
- Sugar (or refined cane juice), star anise and cinnamon to taste
- A dash of salt
- A hint of lime zest (grate the skin of a lemon)
- 1 tsp of vanilla extract
- 1 can of evaporated milk (optional)
- Boil your star anise, lime zest, and cinnamon in 4 cups of water for 5 mins
- In a separate bowl, mix your Acassan with 1 cup of cold (or room temperature) water. Add your dash of salt.
- Pour the cold mixture in the boiling water and stir for only 5 mins. Add the vanilla extract.
- Serve warm with milk and sugar ( or refined cane juice). Each guest adds the quantity of their choice