Many companies will offer referral bonuses for people who can recruit excellent new employees for their organization.
If you know a lot of people or have relationships with recruiters, this can be an easy way to earn some extra cash. You can also find potential prospects for companies by using the internet.
In order for you to become an employee referrer, here are some steps you can take:
* More companies do have employee referral programs than don't, which means you have a lot of opportunity to help employees find potential jobs. If you're unsure if a company offers a referral program, give them a call and ask. You may want to start with your own company, if you currently have a job.
* Find out if the people in your network are looking for jobs.
* Go on freelancing sites like elance.com, guru.com, and odesk.com, and check out the profiles of people there. Communicate with people that sound good, and see if they'd be interested in getting more regular work.
* Refer people to HR of the company you work with or other company that you're recommending them for. You will get paid if they get hired.
* You can also try to build up a relationship with external recruiters. If you can do this, then you can get a list of current job openings from them. This can be incredibly lucrative.
How much can I make out of being an employee referrer?
* Bonuses are anywhere from $50 to the $1000's of dollars. A lot of this depends on the type of position (the stronger the qualifications needed, the higher the referral bonus) as well as the company you're working with.