Podcasting is similar to blogging, only you would do it via voice instead of typing. You would get the same benefits and approach it the same way (post regular content, etc.) but it's just a way to suit people who would rather learn via listening versus reading. To get started with podcasting, you need a headphone, microphone, and software in which to record your audio.
You can earn money with podcasting the same way you would with blogging via advertisements, on https://www.google.com/adsense and by recommending other programs that offer commissions.
In order for you to become a podcaster, here are some steps you can take:
* Create a website with which to put podcasts on
* Record your content you can use a free recording program such as on http://audacity.sourceforge.net if you don't already have something
* Convert your recordings to mp3
* Upload your mp3 along with a description to your website
* Start sharing it!
* Get it converted in to MP3 format
* Upload the mp3 on your site
* Add content as frequently as possible so that you build up a regular listener base.
* Start advertising your site on social networks, amongst friends, or via other traffic methods.